This post is Islamabad based.
National Project Personnel (Economist)
10/Dec/2020, 3:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FAPAK
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Duration: 12 Months
Post Number: N/A
For job details and apply online: https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2002724&tz=GMT%2B01%3A00&tzname=
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Support the FAO team in daily management and implementing policy activities related to agriculture, food security and nutrition.
- Study and analyze available secondary data and literature on food security, nutrition, food prices and agriculture value chains.
- Provide research and analytical support for drafting various outputs, such as policy notes related to agriculture and food security.
- Participate in discussions with Government and other relevant stakeholders.
- Organize and contribute to capacity building trainings and workshops related to FSNIS outputs.
- Perform other tasks as part of the Food security and nutrition
- Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Econometrics, Development Economics.
- Five (05) years’ experience in the relevant field.
- Working knowledge of English
- National of Pakistan
Last Date to Apply:
10/Dec/2020, 3:59:00 AM
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on the date and time settings of your personal device
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO seeks gender, geographical, and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.