This post is Islamabad based.
National Project Personnel (Economist)
10/Dec/2020, 3:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FAPAK
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Duration: 12 Months
Post Number: N/A
For job details and apply online: https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2002724&tz=GMT%2B01%3A00&tzname=
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Support the FAO team in daily management and implementing policy activities related to agriculture, food security and nutrition.
- Study and analyze available secondary data and literature on food security, nutrition, food prices and agriculture value chains.
- Provide research and analytical support for drafting various outputs, such as policy notes related to agriculture and food security.
- Participate in discussions with Government and other relevant stakeholders.
- Organize and contribute to capacity building trainings and workshops related to FSNIS outputs.
- Perform other tasks as part of the Food security and nutrition
- Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Econometrics, Development Economics.
- Five (05) years’ experience in the relevant field.
- Working knowledge of English
- National of Pakistan
Last Date to Apply:
10/Dec/2020, 3:59:00 AM
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on the date and time settings of your personal device
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO seeks gender, geographical, and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.